Hummelstown Borough implements the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit for our Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) as part of the Federal Phase II Stormwater Management Program.
Hummelstown Borough has adopted the DEP protocols via the Notice of Intent (NOI) to operate under the PAG-13 General NPDES Permit and has been issued NPDES Permit No. PAG133556, Authorization ID No. 942099.
DEP’s protocols include six Minimum Control Measures (MCM’s) and a variety of Best Management Practices (BMP’s), designed to: reduce the discharge of pollutants from MS4s (to the maximum extent practicable), to protect water quality, and to satisfy the requirements of the Federal Clean Water Act. The six MCM’s are:
- Public Education & Outreach Control Measure.
- Public Participation & Involvement Control Measure.
- Illicit Discharge Detection & Elimination Control Measure. To report Illicit discharge click here for form.
- Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control Measure.
- Post Construction Stormwater Management in New Development & Redevelopment Control Measure.
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations & Maintenance Control Measure.
Hummelstown Borough's MS4 Annual Report can be reviewed by contacting the Borough Office.
Any questions or concerns regarding stormwater discharges can be directed to: Mike O’Keefe at: 717-566-2555.
Please visit these websites for more information regarding stormwater and MS4.
Dauphin County Conservation District
Department of Environmental Protection
Bureau of Watershed Management
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) MS4 Regulations
Swatara Creek Watershed Association